Wednesday 12 September 2012

TOP TEN OF AI OTSUKA - Set 2: Ai-chan's rock songs

In this ranking, I'm presenting you ten rockish songs from Ai Otsuka's discography. She's got quite a lot of rock songs, but I chose those which I like the most.

For genre purists out there: some of the songs listed below are pop rather than rock, so you can treat "rock" here as this kind of music which uses more guitar :D

Here we go~


"Happy Days" is Ai's fourth single. I placed it at the bottom of this ranking, because... I don't like it as much as others ;)


This song is one crazy song. It's one of funniest moments on "LOVE LETTER" ;) Even though it's crazy and sometimes kind of annoying, it's still enjoyable and has a hilarious choreography~


"Superman" opens Ai-chan's second album "LOVE JAM". I like it better than "Happy Days" and I always enjoy this "wonderful" Engrish line "I sing love you" :D ("I think I love you", in fact...)


"Pon Pon" is always a fantastic mess during each Ai's concert ;) This song is so heavy and so senseless that it makes it a perfect song for goofing around ;)


This song comes from "LOVE PiECE" album and it's a fun pop-rockish song with a nice flow. It always cheers me up... especially when I see its nonsense Engrish title :D


"Bye Bye" was a re-cut single from "LOVE LETTER" - it was released after the album. I like its catchy melody and its very simple yet pretty PV.


I prefer this version better over "Kuroge Wagyuu Joshio Tanyaki 735 Yen". I like such seductive and sensual Ai-chin~


This song was used in Ai-chan's "Tokyo Friends". I think this version is better than "Friends" released as the last track of "LOVE JAM". The rock feeling and stronger guitars just fit the song better. I'm so happy that it was added to "Daisuki dayo" single as the B-side ;)


I simply love "Yumekui"! It's one of my favourite songs from Ai Otsuka. It's just so catchy, easy to sing along to and has awesome the lyrics about pursuing your dreams. What else would you want from a single? Well... A slightly better PV. I admit that the PV is cute, but I'd rather see Ai-chan herself in it... I'm not really digging her animated alter-ego...


I really don't know why this song didn't become an official single. It had so much potential! I bet this is one of the most loved songs by Ai Otsuka. I know it had a PV and was somewhat promoted, but it's not the kind of promotion this song obviously deserves... It's definitely one of the best songs Ai has ever released and I think you'll all agree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment