Saturday 7 November 2009

Too beatiful to be true? - How did I get 'Love Jam' and 'Love Cook'



I am glad to tell you that I finally got them! The second and the third Ai’s CDs called ‘Love Jam’ and ‘Love Cook’ are lying on my desk and I am sort of cautious, even not trying to touch them. My fingers are allowed only to caress gently the edge of each plastic case, but provided that they are perfectly clean and dry... I know that this seems to be at least slightly weird, however, I can’t help the feeling that a brand new CD should be treated as sacred as long as possible. I may know from whom I have learnt this behaviour... and I’m very grateful for this. It’s the only right attitude!

When it comes to ‘Love Jam’ and ‘Love Cook’... I am amazed what in the world happened that I was able to buy them! I thought that getting any CD of Ai Otsuka’s would be completely impossible in my country, because hardly anybody here admits that they like j-pop. Generally, listening to this kind of music is considered as a huge embarrassment (I can’t figure out why, too), therefore I was certain that there would be no demand for this genre. Fortunately, I couldn’t be more mistaken. One day I was surfing the Net to find something about Ai. Accidentally, I found myself on an auction portal which works in my country and... There were two Ai’s albums: ‘Love Jam’ and ‘Love Cook’ at remarkably attractive prices, both CDs were said to be in very good condition, moreover, the seller had wonderful opinions. Well, one might say: ‘Too beautiful to be true’. I thought that too! But I decided to take a risk. I said to myself: ‘In case of any trouble, I won’t lose much money, for sure less if I bought this abroad’. Having this thought in mind, I bid...

But soon afterwards, lying in bed at night, I tossed and turned wondering what may happen when somebody offers more money? I was worried, because I did want these albums!... I tried to convince myself that it wasn’t going to happen, nevertheless a trace of anxiety still bothered me. The solution appeared a while later. It crossed my mind to ask the seller for a quite awkward thing for her, but very advantageous for me. I sent her a mail in which I asked her to stop the auctions earlier, so that I would win both of them, since I was at the top of the list. I was aware that this request was likely to be rejected, because it might have sounded ridiculously for the seller. But you can’t imagine my surprise, when I received a positive reply! ‘No problem, I can stop. Are you already bidding? All the best, (the seller’s name)’. Oh, it was just amazing and going to be successful! I couldn’t believe it. My down-to-earth, but lovely boyfriend couldn’t either. He had been warning me to be careful about this auction. When the very first blast of euphoria wore off, I ran to the bank to pay for the CDs. Yet, while standing in the queue, I felt that the grain of anxiety in my heart was getting bigger and bigger... It all seemed to be too beautiful... ‘There must be some trick, I’m damn stupid!’ – I thought bitterly walking back home. The only way to figure out whether I was right or not was waiting. So I waited for a long, nervous and frustrating week.

The parcel arrived on Friday. When I came back home from school, it had been waiting for me for a couple of hours. I took it in my shaken hands... It was the time to see whether the reality looked as fabulously as the auction. I tore the paper and saw something that I didn’t expect... ‘God, it isn’t what I ordered, it must be a mistake!’, I shouted having seen that both CDs were the special editions of these albums, with a little picture books about Love-chan created by Ai herself! In addition, both albums were sealed, untouched and totally brand new, but in the auction they were described as used... ‘It makes no sense...’, I thought chaotically. I took out the discs. Not a single scratch. Unbelievable.

This is the most successful auction I have ever participated. It made me think that sometimes it’s worth to believe in people, especially while doing any Internet shopping. There are sellers who want to make a good deal for both sides and they care about your satisfaction. It is true that you can hear more often about the cheaters who deceive others shamelessly, but it doesn’t mean that every single seller is like this. This conviction is a result of the fact that people are more eager to complain about bad things that happened to them, than enjoying nice situations.

Next time, I’m going to write a review of ‘Love Jam’. May the Love be with you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment