Monday 4 January 2010

LOVE.IT!



'Para para para para...' - I can't get this melody out of my head... It's pulsating and vibrating deep down in my brain, driving me crazy! Attention - the new Ai Otsuka's mini album called 'LOVE.IT' is highly addictive!

Brief summary: 'LOVE.IT' sounds roughly like a cute little rabbit thrown into a rose abyss of the matrix which had been multiplied by pink candyfloss connected with an insane melody from an ancient console game (ancient = somewhere around 80's).

No, it wasn't seriously.

Now it's seriously.

There's not much to review, because the album consists of only 6 songs, from which 2 were previously released on singles. Nevertheless, for Ai Otsuka's fans, this is an entirely new sensation. 'LOVE.IT' doesn't sound like Ai at all. Her electronically modified voice here is something different from the voice we are familiar with, which makes us think that it's not Ai who sings. One of the things that can help us recognise the vocalist is the energy that flows out of the songs. They are fast and energetic, yet more insane than 'Sakuranbo' or 'PonPon' (yes, that's possible). However, I wouldn't say that the material is similar to previous Otsuka's records, because it belongs to a special category: the one owned by a widely known to all Ai's fans rabbit - Love-chan. The whole album is devoted to it (her?). Since Ai still treats her little usagi as a living person, we can assume that it's not Ai-chin who sings all these songs, but it's Love-chan. Ai only helped her to write the music or lyrics or something :P Yes, being a Otsuka's fan means that you have to imagine those things! Where would be the MAGIC otherwise?...

What I like the most about the album is the free flow of the songs. All the numbers are connected into a pleasant whole, moreover, you can't really mark the moment where 'MOONLIGHT' ends and 'RED EYE' begins. At least I couldn't. I listened to this without realizing that those are 2 separate songs. What is even more cool, 'MOONLIGHT' and 'RED EYE' together create an extraordinary, relaxing mood which lasts to the very last seconds. I love it! When I need to forget about everything, I play the two and close my eyes. It always works. Have you ever paid attention to those cute piano tunes in 'RED EYE'? It seemed to be impossible to include classical instruments on the album like that and make it sound brilliant together. Yet it was possible... BRAVO, AI-CHIN! (sorry, Love-chan... :D)

If you want me to give you a special evidence that "LOVE.IT.' is worth listening, then be aware that from my experience 'MAGIC' works as the best alarm clock in the whole world. Nothing can wake you up so effectively without making you feel like throwing the clock out of the window :D Believe me, since this tune serves as my alarm, I wake up every morning with the energy and smile (however, realizing that I'm still in this DAMN dormitory spoils it a little bit, but don't worry - it's only my case :P). Can be anything better on Earth? :)

In this player you can listen to samples from "LOVE.IT". Enjoy!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment